Tuesday, October 19, 2010

follow up to blog 8

 
          I remember when I went to go shopping for a new car, one of the male sales person looked at me funny.  Maybe he thought that I didn’t look professional, I wasn’t a guy or looked too young to go buy a new car.  I went in there wanting someone to help me but everyone just looked away and didn’t pay any attention to me.  The next day I went in with my father, and all of these sales people gave all of their attention to him.  A few weeks later, when I had to go back in for a detailing for the car, they charged me so much.  But the same person that sold the car to my father and I told us that the detailing was for free, but that same person tried to charge me extra because I was this young female that they thought I was clueless about everything.           
          Well after when I came back home from the car dealership, I was upset and hurt the fact that these people were just ignoring when I kept asking for help.  I was also upset the fact that when I knew for a fact that I had a free detailing on the car, this same person tried to charge me.  From my point of view, I feel like when they see a girl coming into a car dealership; it’s like an easy target to them because they think that women don’t know anything about cars.  I feel like most places not even car dealership, categorize sex and treat people differently.  One of my best friends dealt with the same situation, where she was being ignored when she went into a car dealership, so the next day she walked in with her father and came out with the best deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment