Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blog 15

When I started class in September my “other version” was the person who was really quiet and scared to make friends.  I was scared and shy about going in front of class and talking to in front of twenty or more people, but as soon as I met some friends; it broke the ice. I was a little skeptical in writing essays because I always had a doubt about what to write about.   In the early September, the people I’ve spoke to are not what I’ve expected to be friends with.   My other side compared to the “other” in early September, I’m very talkative and feel very confident in writing essays.   I’ve got to learn some new techniques on how to write a thesis, main idea and to introduce a quote before writing it.
My other side during the early September is someone who was afraid to make friends because of the negative experiences I had before.  The friends I’ve made during this semester made me realize that there are people that I can compare with and people that I can actually get along with.   I feel like the friends I’ve made became real close to me that we’ve decided to take classes altogether with the other classes in the next semester.  I didn’t expect that this class would be so interesting; I was forced to take these classes because I desperately needed an English credit.  I had no clue how to write an essay, because I’ve been told from several people that I write just the way I speak.   There was this one essay when we wrote about the Minority Report which I felt like gave me more confidence in writing.   From the beginning, I had no clue on how to put in certain information in my writings which I felt like it gave me a hard time. 
Prior to starting this semester and taking this cluster, I wasn’t a very attentive student because of the people I didn’t know during my last semester.   I use to hate going to school, but now I feel very excited to come to class because of the friends I have, and the classes I take seems to be very interesting.  I’ve been absent twice which is very little compare to other classes I’ve taken before.  This class made it more interesting the fact that it was a media cluster, and the writings we use to do was based on a book and a movie.  Analyzing what the movie was about and writing about it makes students more interested in writing, which helped me a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment